Monday, May 4, 2009

Chilly Chicken


I don't remember exactly when i started eating chicken and fish,but i think it was during the frequent outings with friends after our graduation days.But even then,i could not imagine myself cooking non veg.But things changed a lot after marriage.When i found myself enjoying life in the beautiful cooking world ,the appealing looks of chicken dishes made me try Butter chicken masala(vanitha recipe).To our surprise it came out very good.From then on my non-veg(which includes only chicken,prawns and egg) cooking journey began.
My non veg cooking list includes butter chicken masala,chilly chicken,3 tier chicken pulao,pepper chicken,chicken tikka masala,malabar chicken biriyani ,prawns masala,prawns fried rice , egg dishes , egg biriyanis etc.
This chilly chicken recipe is different from my first chilly chicken recipe,this time i used a recipe which is similar to gobi 65 and gobi manchurian.But i liked this one more than the first one.This was really very tasty and the looks also matched the restaurant type chilly chicken.
So this is how i made it.
Ingredients
Boneless chicken,cut in to small
square pieces -1 kg
Onions-2
Capsicum-2 or 3
Ginger-2 inch piece
Garlic-1 pod
Green chillies-7-8
Soy sauce-3tsp
Tomato sauce-1tsp
Red chilly sauce-1tsp
Worcestshire sauce(optional)-2tsp
Cornflour-2tbsp
Maida-2tbsp
Vinegar-1tsp
Chilly powder -2 or 3 tsp
Black pepper powder-1 tsp
Oil-for frying
Salt as required
Cornflour-2 tbsp and water -1 cup
Method
Wash and clean the chicken pieces thoroughly and marinate with cornflour,maida,chilly powder,soy sauce(1 tsp),crushed ginger,crushed garlic,black pepper powder,vinegar and salt ,for 2 hours.
Fry the chicken pieces until they become golden brown in colour.Drain of excess oil.Julienne (cut in to long thin strips )the onions and capsicums.
In another pan heat some oil ,saute onions, capsicums,crushed ginger and garlic,chopped green chillies.When they start changing colour add chilly powder,soy sauce,chilly sauce,tomato sauce,worcestshire sauce ,salt and saute agin for 1 minute.Add fried chicken pieces and mix properly .Mix 2 tbsp cornflour in 1 cup water and pour in to this,stir and cook again for another 3 to 4 minutes in low flame.and there..your chilly chicken is ready!!
I do hope you like it and pls let me know after trying this one.
Again guys , I would like to express my gratitude to my hubby,because ..............well...any guesses????b'coz, he is the one who did the cleaning and marination of chicken pieces ... :)
So thank you Shyam and thank you all for reading my posts (I would be more delighted if u try them)

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Wifey!
    The explanation is so so simple..i think i can make it right now...well, dont thank me for washing and marinating the chicken pieces..i loved and enjoyed every bit of it..love you and loved the chilly chicken..
    your motu hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shyam!
    That was hilarious! Care to bring some of that Chilly Chicken to work sometime?
    I'd really like to meet you both together sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete